Friday, February 8, 2013

Blog Post #5

My Dream School

The thought of having the ability to build a school with no limitations is staggering. Where should I start? I would make both the outside and inside of the school colorful. I would have the school broke down into different sections based off different subjects. For instance, I would have a history hall with the walls painted people, events and other things that the students would learn in a history class. The same would go for an English, Math, Art, etc. halls. Every classroom would have up-to-date technology in them. This would include computers for students and projectors, smart boards for the teachers. The students would not be required a bunch of classes they did not want to take. If a student did not want to learn Chemistry, then he/she would not be forced to. The aim is for the students to enjoy learning, not for them struggle to stay awake in a class they did not like. I was not a big fan of end of the semester exams when I was in school. So at my dream school students would only have to take a semester exam if they have a grade lower than an 85 in the class. As a student I wished that my high school's lunchroom had better food at lunch. I want my dream school to have the best food that would also be healthy at the same time; some people may laugh at the sentence because all the good food usually isn't good for you! I would want my students to feel safe at all times, so I would have a security guard at every entrance. By no means am I trying to start a heated debate on political views, I am just simple posting a part of my dream school.

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir

It is pretty awesome to see someone take the time and effort to make the virtual choir. People who are interested in choirs and are not able to travel can now listen to one from the comfort of their own home. It also shows that it can connect people all over the world for one common interest.

Teaching in the 21st Century

Teaching in the 21st Century is certainly different from previous ones. I would get a laugh to see a teacher from fifty years ago see the changes in the classroom. The way teachers connect with students has gotten easier with emails and social networks.

Flipped Classroom

Flipping the classroom idea is a very creative way to give students extra time to learn a subject. Using modern technology like YouTube, teachers can post lectures online so the students can learn at the own speed. This allows fewer lecture in the classroom and gives teachers more time to actually teach the students. This also allows the class not to be stuck on a particular subject for multiple days and allows them to not to get behind on the class schedule.

1 comment:

  1. No requirements for subject matter? Can a student opt out of everything but the history of Comic books?

    Did Roberts not have more to say than email and social networks provide easier ways for teachers and students to connect. very thin commentary. No summary.

    I think I said this last time. Every post must address several things for each part of the assignment:
    1. Summary of whar read or watched
    2. Comment of personal impact
    3. Evaluation and critique
    4. Provide a link to the materials assigned.

    You are not doing this.

    You need to identify, provide a link to, summarize and then evaluate and or comment upon the assignment. See Writing A Quality Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete